Wednesday 22 February 2012

back from center parc

After a weekend of chilling in center parc, yesterday I got back into learning how to publish my novel using CompleteNovel.com.  A bit tricky as I have been having trouble formatting the work to fit their publishing thingy.  In the end, after many hours of trying to work it out for myself - I gave in and have requested that they format it for me.  Now I have to wait for three days to receive an email letting me know the next move.  It's all a great learning opportunity for me and I have to confess that I'm quite enjoying it.
The aim is to have some paperback copies of Caught in the Web available to purchase, either on-line or from other outlets.  I'm hoping that I can persuade local cafes, theatres, etc to stock a few copies.  I'll be pestering people as well - to allow me to talk to people in local groups, WI perhaps, to get the book out there to as many people as possible.  Maybe even local book shops.  (that seems to be the most obvious outlet, but something about me is holding back).  I also want to be able to give a copy to my close friends and family.  There's something nice about having a book that's been signed by the author isn't there?
The novel is still selling on Kindle and those who have read it have given me good feedback.  The boost to my morale is definitely worth the effort.
Getting some good ideas for the new novel and now need to sign off and start working on it again.  More about that later....

No comments:

Post a Comment