Wednesday 12 November 2014

Christmas Shopping at The Book Shop, Lee-on-the-Solent


          After spending time at the computer working on new writings, I decided to treat myself and do some Christmas shopping.  I thought about going into town and having a look in the chain-store book shops, knowing that I would probably be buying books for some of my family.  But something was drawing me to Lee-on-the-Solent.  A lovely little bookshop, small on the outside, becomes tardis-like when you enter through the door.  This is a place you could spend hours in browsing, and be tempted to spend more than you intended as the store is stocked full to the brim with wonderful goodies: not only books, but a range of cards for all ocassions, gift paper, stationery items, diaries, calenders, dvds, crayons, balloons, to name but a few.

         
          This is the wonderful Rick Barter, the shopkeeper - a font of knowledge who will help you with your book choices.  Rick and his staff are very welcoming to all customers, especially those with doggy friends in tow!  But you don't need to be a dog lover to love this shop.  I always enjoy myself in this Aladdin's cave and would recommend a visit before you spend all your Christmas shopping money.




A large choice of books, paperback and hardbacks.









Stationery supplies

Childrens' crayons, paints and sticky stuff

Books for children

Gift wrap and more!

Christmas cards and gift bags

An amazing range of greetings cards

More Christmas stock on display

Calendars

DVDs



When I'd finished browsing and shopping I dropped in next door to The Tea Party for a coffee and slice of lemon sponge cake.
A fitting end to a well-spent hour.

So, if you fancy doing a bit of Christmas shopping in a lovely atmosphere I'd recommend the extra bit of travelling down to Lee-on-the-Solent.

The Book Shop can be found on Facebook or you can telephone on 02392 556592.

The Tea Party's phone number is 02393 070760

No comments:

Post a Comment