Sunday 22 July 2012

book signing Chesapeake Mill

It's Sunday morning and I'm reflecting on yesterday's book signing.  I realised after a while that although the mill was busy, most of the customers were there to look at bric-a-brac and antique stuff and not books.  People politely smiled at me from time to time, some even glanced at the books but it was hard work to engage anyone in conversation.  I did manage to get a couple of people interested in the content of the novel but even they just wished me good luck and wandered off again.
At one point I got excited until I realised that the customer only wanted my help with some merchandise they couldn't quite reach.  They were disappointed when I said I didn't actually work in the shop but was there to promote my novel!
However, I consider the day a success - I met some great women who work there and have to thank them for making my few hours in the mill fun, so thanks Terri and Sue for the laughs.  It was nice to see some of my friends and family who came along to support me and I sold four books so the day was a great one after all.

Now we're off on the motorbike for a trip to the coast through the New Forest.  The sun is shining in England at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment